FREE Motorcycle VIN Check
Utilize a Detailed Vehicle History’s accurate Motorcycle VIN Check tool, you will get complete information about the bike’s past. Get a FREE Motorcycle history report that can be accessed anytime, anywhere!
What is a Motorcycle VIN Check?
Each motorcycle has its own unique 17-character alphanumeric code known as Vehicle Identification Number (VIN Number) also known as chassis number. This VIN is used to generate a Vehicle History Report by a process known as a Motorcycle VIN check.
Why should you consider a Motorcycle VIN Check?
Before you purchase or sell a pre-owned motorcycle, dirt bike, scooter, or ATV, it’s always a good idea to run a Motorcycle VIN check.
Purchasing someone else’s bike is an experience that can raise some uncertainties. As no seller will be willing to lose money by telling the truth about a bike’s past.
A Motorcycle VIN Check is what smart shoppers need to unlock the past of used bikes they are looking to buy. Running a Motorcycle VIN Lookup is one of the most important steps in getting a history report for a used bike you are planning to buy. With the report, you will get to know about the full history of an automobile, including any serious issues. The Motorcycle VIN Decoder tool discloses information associated with said bike’s vehicle identification number, such as a previous number of owners, technical specifications, accidents, damage. title history, recalls, and loan and lien record if any.
The information found on the motorcycle history report could be a game-changing factor in completing the purchase or the sale.
What Is a Motorcycle VIN and Why Is It Important?
Regardless of whether it’s a car, truck, motorcycle, or ATV, manufacturers issued a unique seventeen-character Vehicle identification number during manufacturing. Each digit of the VIN reveals vital information about that particular vehicle, including place of manufacture, model, year, and other specifications.
The letters I, i, O, o, Q, and q are never to be utilized to avoid confusion with numbers 1 and 0.
What Is a Bike’s Chassis Number?
The Chassis Number of a motorcycle is itself a part of a VIN as the last six characters of a VIN are the bike’s chassis number. The VIN and the Chassis Number are frequently utilized interchangeably. Hence, If you can discover VIN on your bike, then, at that point you can also discover the Chassis Number as it is part of VIN.
Where Can I Find My Motorcycle VIN Number?
On motorcycles, VINs are generally imprinted on the steering neck. You can discover it, engraved on the motor. Simply, turn the handlebars so you have a clear view of the right side of the frame, where the steering attaches. The VIN will appear at the lower part of the cylinder.
However, there is no common way of finding a VIN on a motorcycle because every motorcycle manufacturer displays the VIN in different positions. Below are a few examples of VIN locations for your motorcycle.
- BMW: The VIN location on a BMW motorcycle varies by series, but it is usually stamped on the frame, front right, or the steering head.
- Triumph: Few Triumph models have the VIN stamped into the down tubes in front of the tank. Other models have VIN on the frame on the headstock. It can be seen by moving the handlebars to one side.
- Suzuki: VIN Number on Suzuki motorcycles can be found imprinted directly on the cycle’s frame, close to the steering head, or on an attached VIN decal or identification plate.
- Kawasaki: You can find the vehicle information plate on the left side of the frame and VIN is imprinted into the frame on the right.
- Harley Davidson: The Harley Davidson bike VIN is generally found on the front frame tubes in line with the forks. It also is found on the headstock and can be seen by turning the handlebars left or right. It is typically stamped with star * security marks at each end on inviolable black stickers with white lettering.
- Ducati: The VIN is located on the right side of the steering head next to the water pump.
- Honda: As for Honda, the VIN is stamped onto the frame next to the vehicle information sticker.
How to Read a Motorcycle VIN Number?
Generally, a VIN is divided into three main sections, such as:
- World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI)
The first three characters of the VIN are known as the WMI code. These characters indicate the motorcycle manufacturer as well as the country of origin.
- Vehicle Descriptor Section (VDS)
The next six characters from the fourth to the ninth position are known as Vehicle Descriptor Section (VDS). These characters represent the characteristics of the motorcycle which may include the bike model, body type, and so on. The ninth digit is a security check that verifies the previous characters as authorized by the manufacturer.
- Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS)
The next eight Characters from the tenth to the seventeenth position are known as the Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS). These characters indicate vital information such as the engine, plant code, transmission, and model year.
What can you discover by running a Detailed Vehicle History's Motorcycle VIN Check tool?
By using our Motorcycle VIN Search tool, you can get access to a wealth of information that reveals the hidden past of the bike. The information includes
- Real-Time DMV Information
- Number of Owners
- Vehicle Specifications
- Accidents & Rebuilt Titles
- Salvage & Junk Title Check
- Odometer Rollback Check
- Market Value
- Warranty Status
- Loan and Lien Record
- NICB Theft Recovery Check
- NHTSA Recall Information
- Auction Sales History
- Insurance Total Loss
- Flood & Fire Damage
- Insurance data
How to Lookup a Motorcycle VIN Number?
It is very easy to look up a motorcycle VIN by using our Motorcycle VIN Check tool. Simply, follow these steps.
- Locate the VIN search bar at the top segment of the page.
- Enter the VIN of the motorcycle, scooter, or ATV in the corresponding VIN search field.
- Click on the “ VIN Check ” button.
- You will find an exclusive history report of the motorcycle you are interested in, within a few seconds.
By using Detailed Vehicle History’s accurate VIN Check tool, you will get complete information about the bike’s history. This is something you might not get with other providers of vehicle history reports. Our vehicle history report is accurate, affordable, and guarantees 100% customer satisfaction.
Don’t just believe in our word, try our FREE motorcycle VIN check tool and we guarantee you will love it!